Weekly Photo Challenge – Community

I live in what just might be the microbrewery capital of the world, Fort Collins, Colorado. And on "Microbrewery Row" also known as Lincoln Road on the north side of town, one frequently sees this odd vehicle cruising down the road. A sort of strange four-wheeled, human-powered cycle, The Handle Bar offers microbrews to patrons who can imbibe while pedaling like mad. We were on our way to Fort Collins Brewery for a pint and a wonderful dinner when we spotted it! As my interpretation of Community, it represents our city that joyfully supports the Microbrewery community and the group of people that have to cooperate as a community to keep the HandleBar going!

20131213-143629.jpg

For more information about The Weekly Photo Challenge, click here

33 comments on “Weekly Photo Challenge – Community

1. This is quite possibly the best vehicle I have ever seen in my lifetime.

It is definitely an outstanding vehicle, Jen! The next time I see it, I need to take a video! It reminds me of a bunch ducks paddling madly while everything is calm on the bar side!

2. aFrankAngle says:

Having a few drinks with friends is a great example of community!

3. mimijk says:

Tho’ I’m not a beer drinker, this looks like SO much fun!

4. Wow, great shot! I’m just drinking it in. :)

5. Carrie Rubin says:

Oh, how my husband would love that. I’d probably never get him off. Not that he’s a lush or anything, but he does enjoy a good beer. (Who doesn’t? :) )

6. This may just seal the deal for me… as to visiting Fort Collins! ;-)

7. Bastet says:

Lovely idea! Loved the post!

8. Is it a taxi? The guy without pedals buys beers for the pedallers?

9. That looks like fun, Cathy, but I doubt I could get Milton to ride it with me. Last night, after quaffing a few pints, he complained about having to climb up three steps to exit the pub.

10. Brigitte says:

Peddling and drinking a frosty beverage!?! What’s not to like? :)

11. aileen says:

The solution to drinking and driving. It must be a hoot to ride and drink on. Seat belts anyone? ;)

Leave a reply, you know you want to...