The Breath of Life

Rocks and Sky

Rocks and Sky

For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind…Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.

~Kahlil Gibran

21 comments on “The Breath of Life

1. It certainly made me take a deep breathe!

2. the cloud looks like the breath of life (Or am I one for the obvious?)

3. seabluelee says:

Beautiful photograph, and great quotation. I absolutely love the thought that the wind enjoys playing with my hair. I’ll remember that the next time my neatly combed “do” gets blown into my face. :-)

4. What a beautiful quote and photo.

5. Aww, man, now I’m gonna have to like, go outside or something. It’s all your fault. :)

6. bikerchick57 says:

“For the breath of life is in the sunlight…”

Always, Cathy. Thanks for bringing sunlight and a gorgeous photo to us

7. Amy says:

You beautiful photo accompanies the quite perfectly. Happy Labor Day !

8. Great quote, Cathy, and what a tasty looking cloud!

9. Brigitte says:

I have a book by Kahlil Gibran and the words never fail to move me. As does your picture, Cathy. I love that the Earth delights when I dance atop it, don’t you? I hope you and your sis are having fun. Lucky, lucky you to have your sis nearby. Be well, C!

I love it, too, Brigitte! And I love it when I think that the wind likes to play with my hair. Thanks, so much! I’m really excited to have Becky close by. We haven’t lived in the same town for many years, but have always remained close. Now we get to see each other often!
      Best, my friend.
      Cathy

10. Amy Reese says:

What a magical place, Cathy. It makes me want to breathe a little deeper. Beautiful photo.

11. aFrankAngle says:

The image is stunning … and then the “hands of life” line stopped me in my tracks.

Feel free to leave a comment, you know you want to...